Transport, Travel and Parking
Stay up to date with the latest travel updates, follow @Y2019Travel.
The best place to plan your travel to and from the Championships is to use our Travel Map.
Spectator Car Parking
Spectator parking in Harrogate is on sale now! Book now and reserve your space at a discounted rate to avoid disappointment.
Our parking is located at The Yorkshire Showground, a short walk from the town centre and Fan Zone. There are limited shuttle buses in operation with a return ticket priced at just £2, we also have accessible shuttle buses in operation which will be free of charge.
Parking is located at The Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, HG3 1JH.
Useful Information and Road Closures
Throughout the Championships there will be enhanced rail services running between Leeds, Harrogate and York, with up to four services an hour in each direction from Harrogate Station at peak times.
First and Last Trains
Monday to Saturday
First train Leeds to Harrogate: 06.05
First train Harrogate to Leeds: 06.03
Last trains Harrogate to Leeds: 22.43 and 23.16
First train York to Harrogate: 06.49
Last trains Harrogate to York: 22.04
First train Leeds to Harrogate: 09.02
First train Harrogate to Leeds: 09.22 and 09.41
Last trains Harrogate to Leeds: 22.18 and 23.12
First train York to Harrogate: 10.47
Last trains Harrogate to York: 21.40
LNER are putting on extra services over the weekends of the Championships, find out more.
Despite enhanced services running throughout the Championships it is anticipated that there will be high demand for rail travel.
- Plan ahead - check our timetables in advance of your journey and visit National Rail for tickets
- Leave extra time - look to leave a little earlier or later to avoid peak times on transport
- Bikes on trains - with the increase in passenger demand during the Championships, it may not always be possible to travel with bikes on trains. Please plan ahead and check with your local rail provider first.
- If you have accessibility requirements please follow the usual process and call ahead to book your travel with our team.
- Follow @nationalrailenq and @Y2019travel for the latest travel updates
For local services around Harrogate and Knaresborough, Transdev Blazefield offer regular services to Leeds, Pateley Bridge, Ripon and Wetherby. The company also runs services in and around Keighley and the Worth Valley and frequent services on the Coastliner between Leeds, Tadcaster, York, Malton, the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Coast.
The Harrogate Bus Company will keep you moving to, from and during the event. Buses on the 36 between Harrogate and Leeds run every 10 minutes through the daytime, and we’ll add extra buses at busy times before and after big events to keep you moving.
For just £50 you can get unlimited travel on buses run by The Harrogate Bus Company and all other Transdev buses across the north with a Bike Race 9 ticket - available exclusively on the Transdev Go App.
Many buses are running to normal timetables during the event, but road closures mean some local buses are using different stops or different times. Keep up to date at yorkshire2019travel.com
On the final weekend of the 28 & 29 September The Harrogate Bus Company will run direct buses to York from Station Avenue next to the Odeon Cinema car park and direct buses to Leeds picking up from Leeds Road at the Prince of Wales roundabout bus stop.
Location of Express service to York (28-29 September only)
Location of express no.36 service to Leeds (28-29 September only)
These buses will run from 4pm on Saturday 28 and 3pm on Sunday 29 September. Tickets are £10 and just £5 for under 19’s and will be available to buy from the Harrogate Bus Company's stand in the Fan Zone, or from attendants at the bus stops before you get on the buses.
The bus information stand in the Fan Zone will also have information about how buses are running all around town during the event.
First and last no. 36 bus times to Leeds:
• 0605 Monday to Friday
• 0700 on Saturday
• 0700 on Sunday
• 2220 Monday to Friday evening
• 0220 Saturday night (Sunday morning)
• 2220 Sunday evening
For help planning your journey, here are our top tips for travelling by bus:
- Plan ahead - check our timetables in advance of your journey and visit Harrogate Bus for tickets
- Check out our Championships Ticket offer at www.harrogatebus.co.uk
- Please note bikes will not be permitted on bus services during the World Road Cycling Championships
- Follow @harrogatebus and @Y2019travel for the latest travel updates
- Due to road closures your regular bus stop may temporarily move locations - check to see if your service has changes here.
Yorkshire has some of the best landscape and roads for cycling in the country. It's one of the best ways to freely and flexibly follow all the action across the UCI Road World Championships.
Harrogate has a comprehensive network of cycle routes and cycle-ways, many of which avoid traffic. Visit Open Harrogate for more information.
Although bikes will not be permitted into the Fan Zone, bike parking will be available close to the main entrance on Otley Road, just remember to bring your bike lock!
- Bike parking opens 30 minutes before the Fan Zone opens and closes 30 minutes after the Fan Zone closes
- Riders should bring their own bike locks, locks are not provided.
- Bikes are left overnight entirely at the risk of the owner.
Rides to try
Each week in the run to the Championships, we will be publishing some great rides to try across Yorkshire, so get out there and explore beautiful Yorkshire by bike.
Travelling by air
Yorkshire is easily accessed by air with Leeds Bradford Airport located conveniently between Leeds, Bradford & Harrogate. With regular bus services from the airport and a number of local taxi companies located near by its ideally located for attending the World Championships. For more information on air travel click here.
Download day-by-day road closure maps
Due to the nature of the racing and subsequent road closures we've created day-by-day road closure maps. Download our detailed day-by-day road closure maps to help plan your journey and plan ahead.
Further Travel around Yorkshire
If you’re travelling from further across the UK, megabus travel to/from over 90 destinations and have excellent low fares. Check your journey here.
For further information about onward travel by public transport around Yorkshire click here.